Eclectic Floridian: If you hit me, I'll punch your friend!

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

If you hit me, I'll punch your friend!

I knew the Iran government was nuts, but even they can't be this stupid. When they threaten to hit Israel if the US uses force, they're telling us, "If you hit me, I'll punch your friend."

Maybe they need to recall the last time a hostile Arab country (Iraq) pushed the envelope on nuclear power (double meaning intended). Then, the friend (Israel) punched them first. They are positioning themselves to be hit by someone. My bet is on Israel, not the US, see here.

They have exposed themselves as:
  • Fearful of US military action,
  • Fearful of and paranoid about Israel,
  • Duplicitous, by insisting they are peacefully pursuing nuclear power, while refusing inspections by the IAEA,
  • Agressive, by threatening to close the Strait of Hormuz and "wipe Israel off the face of the earth."
Do these guys really expect the world to view them as a nation peacefully going about the business of governing?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

statistics